Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thinnngssszzz...

I think that the human species is hard-wired to produce things. Not just for economic gain, or pleasure, or necessity, or from boredom alleviation, but by a perverse uncontrollable urge to throw stuff together regardless of its desirability, morality, or even comprehensibility. All things designed as weapons are of questionable utility, as well as plastic artificial vomit, jumping toys shaped like genitals, wristwatches, national flags, anti-immigration fences, and the following monstrosity: (click image for full size)

apparently an anti-masturbation device.

I have often wondered what I would display at my exhibit table if I were to be invited to the Intergalactic STUFFCON, and had to buck the common knowledge of "no intelligent life down there".

Here are four things of which the human race can be proud:

THE FRETLESS BANJO



THE MODERN 16 SPEED BICYCLE




BRIDGES AND LIGHTHOUSES



More on this tomorrow.

No comments: