Thursday, May 22, 2008

I Hope My Pony Knows the Way Home



It has been long haul, but we covered a lot of ground. Worked everywhere from night shift factory assembly lines to the most advanced and productive research labs in the world. Went through the entire American educational system, K-PhD. Learned a lot of valuable lessons face down drunk in the gutter of the streets of Midwestern towns deserving no name. Learned to defend myself with my brain and my fists. Became adept at disappearing like a faint wisp of smoke, and staying that way. Played music all over the world, from European concert halls to the woods of West Virginia. Slept with a multi-orgasmic woman, got punched out by a Birthright Quaker girl, played banjo for a one-legged tap dancer, been married for 15 years. Shook off a lot of curable diseases, got nailed by a certified, incurable 100% fatal one. Forgot more than most people have experienced.


This song is written and played by Tom Waits.



This song is played by me.

No comments: