Tuesday, December 7, 2010

We Consider Dance


We are presenting our inaugural bi-weekly podcast tonight. The podcast will be called "Give the Fiddler a Dram". The theme music should tell you where we're coming from, musically, at least.

One of the defining events in my life came when I was an undergrad at Northwestern University (my advice is to steer clear of the place). John Cage was doing a one week residency in the School of Music. We cut classes and followed him everywhere. He was very open and engaging. We talked continuously for a week about everything from collecting wild mushrooms, Buddhism, ethnomusicology, music theory, dance, art, and sound. I learned that music was sort of a cross between a universe, a religion, and an identity. I closed my mouth, opened my ears, and let the Ghost World engulf me.

No comments: