Tuesday, March 18, 2008

New Blog

The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Therefore, I have decided to reactivate the weblog I began in 2004. The archives of that effort may be found on my web site, a link to which is provided below.

I will begin this edition with the same introductory caveats:

Welcome to my Web log. I am not really sure what I'm going to write here. But I can assure you, it will be much different than the articles I write for the old-time herald. The tone will be more like a monologue; indeed, it is a monologue, because I'm using voice-activated software to write this. There'll be almost no personal information about me. I don't care to share that type of information with the entire world. This log will contain mostly opinions, observations, sometimes works in progress such as short stories, photographs (mostly taken by my wife), first person (by definition) reports of things that I'm doing which may or may not be of any interest to anybody...the typical thing you find in blogs. I hope this log is entertaining, but I'm going to make no effort to make reading it an enlightening experience. My teaching days are over. I'm off-duty. And I really don't care if anybody agrees with me about anything anymore. So if you have questions about the real nature of the pharmaceutical industry, I have no comment, even though I spent all my adult life working for Glaxo SmithKline. If you want to know the secrets about playing music, about all I can tell you is that I'm a crummy teacher, even though I've been studying and playing music all my life. And if you need practical advice about anything, check the World Wide Web. I am not sure my life experience would be very useful to many people.

2004 archives:
http://home.comcast.net/~steventrish/blog.html

No comments: